Let’s set aside the fact that the author still thinks of cooking, sewing and household chores as “female” skills for a moment, what do you think of this idea in general? Is Generation Y (both women AND men) losing the ability or the inclination to do household chores?
I think it all comes down to time, convenience and money. If you’re busy and have the money to pay someone else to hem your pants or go out for dinner rather than making something then should you? Is cooking dinner and doing household chores another step towards adulthood that gen y is putting off?
Or maybe these are the only skills we need (don’t bother watching the clip — it’s just a mash-up of photos. Listen and learn):
Want more Must-Reads?
- Change is gonna come - November 19th, 2012
- Dear Reader - January 4th, 2012
- Ask a career coach: How can I make my job exciting again? - September 19th, 2011
- Quiz: Would he cheat? - September 16th, 2011
- Quiz: Are you about to be laid off? - September 12th, 2011